RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Prop shaft?
= Drive shaft.

My experience with BMW since 2003 is that BMW will fix the problem if many cars are having the same issue.

However, it can take time for the owners to first bring in their problematic cars. Then the technicians have to experience the problem, acknowledge it, look for possible causes. This may include a few rounds of, "We replaced this and that, and it's fixed.", or, "We tried this and that and the problem is still there."

If the techs run out of ideas, then they will put in a problem via "PUMA" case with BMW. PUMA is a worldwide BMW data bank network that takes in problems and offers solutions. These are problems/issues that tech's are having a difficult time fixing/correcting. After BMW receives many cases of the same/similar problem they escalate those to find the cause and find a solution.

BTW, it's happened in the past with various auto manufactures where something was not installed correctly during the build, or some part is completely missing on some vehicles during manufacture. I recall, not details, some cases where window seals were not installed properly or missing causing noises, along with soundproofing shields and material not installed at all or not installed properly.

I don't know the sound that everyone is hearing so I can just speculate. Let's hope BMW will be responsive sooner rather than later. Best of luck people.
Appreciate 4