02-15-2023, 03:10 PM   #25
cjb762
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is, MG 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
So 320 million Americans of which at least half drive are all shitty drivers? I can’t even begin to tell you what a remarkably ignorant statement that is. Now someone that owns BMWs is obviously not that ignorant so you’re just trolling. You like insulting Americans. Got it.
You seem to be overly serious and a bit grumpy - are you sure you're not German? (for the sake of clarity, that was a joke. I am not sincerely stereotyping all Germans...)

Quote:
I drive no less than 40,000 miles a year for my job. 95% of that is in the southeast. There are tons of rude drivers for sure but they are in the extreme minority. Most people follow the rules and are very polite. I don’t believe for one second the situation is any different in any other country of the world including Germany.
I appreciate that your experience is different than mine. I have driven in many different countries, and ridden as a passenger in even more. My personal observation is that driving competence and courtesy vary wildly - not only from country to country, but from state to state.

I don't question that there are many drivers in the States that can obey simple traffic laws, or manage to drive without eating a bowl of cereal (I was no-kidding rear-ended at a stop light in Virginia by a woman distracted by eating cereal while driving). I'm just saying that in my experience, the "minority" that make up the bad drivers in the States is a fairly high percentage of the total drivers. Far too high, IMHO.

Quote:
I just thought of this and so I’m editing this post. Those Germans must really hate your sorry butt for your terrible driving skills while you’re there in Germany right? You know being an American an all? I mean obviously you’re a shitty driver also right?
I sincerely love a good burn, but I'm not sure that one was worth the edit...
Appreciate 1
lakefront560.50