View Single Post
      03-23-2018, 01:46 AM   #467
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
As would I. It's just that all the precedents and trends point to something better -- different, but fundamentally better. That's all I'm pointing out in the posts above ...

... and I'll add that the GR is still in camo partially because of powertrain tweaks. I have that on good authority from someone in TWC HQ. Read into that what you will.
If you think about, just about all of BMW cars are a great starting point for building performance vehicles. For example the M models are built upon their pedestrian counterpart. If Toyota has taken the base Z4 and in a sense built their own version of a M car. It could very well end up being something special. Of course the Supra isn't getting a S designated engine(although there is indication Toyota will tweak B58 a bit), but the M2 has a N55 and the overall package is very good. This quote from Tetsuya Tada could give some insight into what I'm talking about, "the Supra will differ from the Z4 in that the Supra is intended to be a “pure sports car.”
Appreciate 0