View Single Post
      04-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #14
MDG
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 - 330i, 18' F20 - 120i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spirit3d88 View Post
There must be a tune either TCU by XHP FLAHSTOOL or BM3, because this car doesn't make it out of stock.

It is not like for example my 428i F36 that it does.

At the end of the video it does not do it because it is a LAUNCH CONTROL, at that moment it does not fart, but that is the same as mine, it optimizes the gear change and stops doing it so as not to waste time between gear changes.
I do hear you on the launch control part. I've heard with M cars, they tend not to fart on upshifts when using launch control.

After driving intensely on twisty roads, shifting up and down and accelerating harshly for about 15 minutes, I started hearing the fart sounds. I rolled down my window to confirm and yes, they were there! Shifting from 2,8k-4,5k RPM made the sounds and sometimes it made a popping/bang sound when shifting. That was so awesome to hear

Higher RPM's didn't usually make the sound (>4,5k RPM) and when I parked for 20 minutes and started again, they were not there (didn't need to drive intensely for 15 minutes again, so can't tell if it would have done it again).

I feel like it has something to do with a certain component heating up (e.g. part of the exhaust system) or if the computer adjusts something when it detects intense driving.

Not sure what it is but I would like to find out!
Appreciate 0