Thread: Rear lights
View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #28
cheapengineer
Rep
Drives: 2022 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Rear fog lights are right by the back up lights, so they are there but will need to be activated via coding.

I think, getting the turn signals to work properly will take some serious coding which no one quite figured out.
Quick question: how do you know the rear fog are actually there on the US model? Can you see the LEDs physically (or connections for it)? Also is there a rear fog option on the light switch? Because if not then you would need a european switch. And like I said earlier, you would need to add some wiring if the car is not wired for it.

As for coding of the turn signals I don’t see why it would be that hard I think it’s just a matter of time since the G20 is new. I am not familiar with e-sys but on the F30 forums they were able to repurpose the parking lights to turn signals. All they did is go in the Rear Electronic Module (REM) find the parameters for each tail light element and change them. I think it would be the same logic for us as all we need to do is find the parameters for the brake light and disable their turn signal function.

Last edited by cheapengineer; 12-13-2019 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0