Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
That's just to change the variant of the headlight switch not recoding the actual operation.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=23962722

BEL = beleuchtung = lighting.
FLC = (automatische) fahrlichtsteuerung = (automatic) headlight control.
NSW = nebelscheinwerfer = front fog lights.
NSL = nebelschlussleuchten = rear fog lights.
LWR = leuchtweitenregulierung = headlight range adjustment (not in North America).
OK, I am bumping this thread as I have done some semi successful experiments and may be someone with more coding knowledge than I can bring this home.

I have read what roxxor has done on the G30 which is quite similar to G20's. (see link)

https://g30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25931769

On Bimmercode in BDU module under expert mode there actually is an option for G30_ECE_code1 configuration under LIC_LOG_LAMP_2PHYS_LAMP_DATA

There is nothing for G20 based on the latest app update. Further, we do not have the Body2 module that roxxor mentions on G30.s

So I coded my car using above G30_ECE confugiration above and were able to have the outer tail lights function like they do in Europe.

The results were:

1. Brake Lights separated from turn signals (inner turn signals did not work at all)
2. This caused hyper-flashing on turn signals
3. Rear fog-lights still not functional
4. Rest of the tail and headlights functioned as designed.

Some conclusions:

-I have a feeling that if I actually go buy a set of EU Spec tails, the hyper-flashing will end and I will have amber turn signals.

-For rear fog functionality, I think our car's need to be wired up like the G30s. The diodes are there for G20s (at least for my car) right next to the back up lights.

-I already have a ECE version lamp switch which has the rear fog light button.
-I did not have time to take the trunk liner apart to check for wiring as stated on roxxor's write up.

I am going to keep checking Bimmercode app to see if G20 ECE lamp configuration.

I am all ears if someone have additional feedback or data.
Nice work, we're making baby steps in getting it all functioning, as desired. It was same when the F-Series F30 was fairly new, a lot of trial and error to figure out the coding.

Two things I don't get are why would the turn signal hyper-flashing, when you rerouted it's output.. That's usually something integrated with incandescent bulbs, in which when it determines that their is a low voltage, it equals a symptom of a blown out bulb, thus, hyper-flash to indicate such, to the user. How you figure that the Euro taillight would change this?

Why would the hyper-flashing, bulb test still be used for LEDs, which already run on a low voltage, is beyond me. I assumed when BMW switch over to all LEDs, such warm/cold bulb checks were all deactivated. :

Also, I'm hearing various conflicting reports that some owners have the rear fog light LED diodes on their US-spec taillights and now you're saying they don't exist. I would nice to confirm this with some certainty.
Appreciate 0