View Single Post
      06-09-2023, 12:32 PM   #28
4cylenjoyer
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 330i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztech View Post
So on lunch break, I had a chance to flash it - went straight to stage 3 - and it definitely makes a difference . I only had like 15 minutes with it, but the bump in torque/power is immediately noticeable, even at residential speeds. Mild-to-moderate, throttle application off the line, feels so much better - exactly what my 310whp/380 tq tuned car seemed to lack - the car feels like it's laying down like ~20-30 more whp, from what is especially apparent in low gears 1-3. Didn't rev it out at high speeds, but I tried a mini-launch, and noted shift-speeds are much improved - maybe half of stock. It's not just adding torque - but the car actually moves quicker - it feels like it matches better with the car's hp. What I really like is the particularly noticeable, surgeiness of power, as your accelerating and approaching gear shifts, that was missing with stock TCU tune, as if its setting you up for the next shift. Best way to summarize this tune -it feels like 1psi-2psi extra boost between 1k-3k rpm (haven't tested higher rpm yet). It's also not just quicker, but it feels smooth (and I'm on the most aggressive stage). And there is still room to soften up the gear shifts, and other options through custom settings, if you prefer something more docile.

I have a hunch that most ECU tuners don't like to bend engine torque calculations to override TCU limitations, as that would create too many liability issues, in the long run. Although the 8hp50 is 'limited' to 369lbft, from what I'm understanding, there are in gear limits, that can inhibit [...]
I am alsot navardi tuned on e-85 currently doing revisions. When trying to datalog third gear I get a couple shadow codes one being “10d000” “combustion engine torque limatiom active” and it pulls timing when WOT logging third gear. Do you know if XHP would fix this to stop it from pulling timing as it removes the torque limiter?
Appreciate 0