View Single Post
      01-26-2020, 03:54 AM   #22
premier3is
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
Yup. If your G20's VIN starts with a 3, it's made in Mexico. Mine is Mexican.

And honestly, I'm glad mine is. It has 0 problems. Not a single rattle. Even the sunroof is perfect (I read threads about sunroof rattles on M340is and 330is). Tried everything to make it rattle but it won't. My car has been through a LOT of potholes, some even at speeds above 80mph (potholes on I57 are kinda deep and I couldn't avoid them). The roads leading to my house aren't the best. Lots of potholes and non existent roads. My A4 had a few rattles because of it. My Audis have rattles because of it (started a few 1000 miles from new). That's how bad the roads are. But my 330i is silent. And it has around 3k miles on it. I had an issue with wind noise but that was because someone had opened the sunroof and didn't close it back all the way. Closed it and it's silent now.

So yes. I'm glad I got a trouble free car Looking at all the winding/grinding/what's that noise threads, it looks like the German built cars are the ones that have those issues (?)
Mines is German built and no rattles. Just had a side mirror creaking when it folded in on driver side when I got it, took it in to fix and they ordered a new mirror assembly from Germany and it fixed itself before the part arrived lol.

So I wouldn't say the German ones aren't well built vs. the Mexico ones, it's just a crap shoot. Regardless, I'll take the German built one, and only that one lol.
Appreciate 0