clausmoll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i Touring M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh335i View Post
When I bought the M340i, the dealer assured me that all the issues I had with my 2007 335i were a thing of the past, that the engine in the M340i was so good, Toyota was using it in the Supra, and so on.

But after just a few months of driving, the exterior driver's side mirror stopped folding in and could not be adjusted, nor would it defrost either. So they replaced the whole shebang. Then when it finally started raining here in SoCal, the passenger's side headlight has lots of water build up in it. This was a laser headlight that had to be replaced, I note that just the headlight itself is $3,000 not including the labor to replace it. So after the first 9 months, the car has racked up around $5,000 in warranty work.

But other than these troubling issues, I love the car. Sure hope it doesn't eff me when the warranty runs out.
These cars are best leased. It is under warranty when you own it. Never have to worry. About two and a half years in the love affair is over and you get to go trade her in for something new, fresh and sexy... Imagine if other things in life worked like that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh335i View Post
When I bought the M340i, the dealer assured me that all the issues I had with my 2007 335i were a thing of the past, that the engine in the M340i was so good, Toyota was using it in the Supra, and so on.

But after just a few months of driving, the exterior driver's side mirror stopped folding in and could not be adjusted, nor would it defrost either. So they replaced the whole shebang. Then when it finally started raining here in SoCal, the passenger's side headlight has lots of water build up in it. This was a laser headlight that had to be replaced, I note that just the headlight itself is $3,000 not including the labor to replace it. So after the first 9 months, the car has racked up around $5,000 in warranty work.

But other than these troubling issues, I love the car. Sure hope it doesn't eff me when the warranty runs out.
These cars are best leased. It is under warranty when you own it. Never have to worry. About two and a half years in the love affair is over and you get to go trade her in for something new, fresh and sexy... Imagine if other things in life worked like that....
LOL. I'm absolutely leasing my next wife. Thanks for the tip
Appreciate 11
EXE462100.00
eluded3043.00
Oreooo7.00
nola2atx124.00
themnmd1691.00
TV2350.00