View Single Post
      04-10-2024, 12:15 PM   #17
james1138
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostcfc View Post
For those that ditched run-flats and don't have a spare, are you relying on roadside service, or did you get a plug set/jack/air pump (or find an aftermarket spare)?
I’m considering this as well. I’ve got a 2023 M340 and I burned through my all season tires in 16,000 miles. Just regular driving nothing crazy aggressive. Because my tires were bald in the middle of winter, I had to buy new tires and ended up going with run flat winter tires.

I have the wheel and tire insurance so I have to buy my tires through BMW. I don’t want to burn through a set of summer run flat tires quickly. So I’m considering buying a set of normal performance tires. I do have roadside assistance and a pump in my car however, I spend a lot of time in Detroit and I don’t really want to blow a tire there and be on the side of the road if possible. I’ve had a flat once so far and it was nice being able to drive to the dealership instead of being stranded.

That said I don’t want put $1500 bucks every other year by run flat tires and I’m considering normal performance tires if they last longer?

I seem to remember someone on this forum recommending a doughnut that fits this car and can be thrown in the back of the trunk. Has anybody tried an option like this?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0