View Single Post
      09-29-2021, 05:04 PM   #14
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
  • E36 M3 - HK - horrible too much lower base gave me a headache listening to normal radio, but now I wonder if it was the ASD
  • E70 - X5 - HiFi stereo, sounded fine, no complaints
  • F87 M2 - HK sounded really good, never got around to disabling ASD
  • F87 M2C - HK sounds really good, had to disable ASD as soon as I got home, used the bypass cable
  • F26 X4M40i - HK sounds really good, never got around to dialing the ASD. If I turn the Logic7 on and off there is a difference.
  • G06 X640i - HiFi stereo only COVID option, should be fine but thinking about doing Focals to see what they're all about.

As for opinions, there are some that say HK is horrible or this is horrible but then seeing how they "customized" their systems, I sometimes just sit back and laugh, but to each their own.
FYI. I did the Focal BMW plug and play speakers for my 1 series with the HiFi/Base stereo. The speakers are pretty aggressive from the mids to highs. A lot of it was dialed out via changing the DSP settings in the Bimmertech amp I had installed previous to upgrading the OEM speakers.
Appreciate 1
omasou2089.00