08-22-2019, 02:24 PM   #728
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I said their is a tipping point as to when you can feel a kick in the pants and when you can't, i never said you can't tell the difference between 400 and 700hp.

My comment re. 600+ HP is getting to legal (moderately illegal) speeds so damn quickly it hard to enjoy it unless you track it.
I didn’t say you meant a difference from 400 to 700. It all depends on how much of an incremental jump we’re talking about. You can go from 400 to 415 and maybe not feel it but go from 400 to 475 or 500 and it’s quite noticeable as is 400ish to over 600, it’s stunningly obvious and enjoyable.
Don’t agree with your second paragraph. I can get from 0-100mph in under 8 seconds( moderately legally) and me and anyone in the passenger seat or driving my car is enthralled by the rush. The fact that it gets there so quickly and requires much less real estate then slower cars to get up to triple digit speeds. One can easy back off throttle, brake and quickly get down to legal speed. Sort of like 0-100-0 the old standard performance test. Speeds up faster, slows down faster.

On a track it’s even that much more enjoyable.
On the street and on the track, many have higher powered cars and enjoy them whenever and wherever they turn the key of hit the button to light them off.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0