View Single Post
      02-28-2020, 10:33 AM   #75
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickForLife View Post
Thanks very much, will definitely get Tire Rack's opinion when I do pull the trigger. This configuration is not specifically vetted by them on the site for our car but it seems to make sense that it would work. They had no issues matching the tire size to the wheel size so it's just down to any quirks on the M340i specifically.

So is there a rule of thumb for what offset is needed compared to OEM? Or does it just have to be measured in each case?
The lower the offset number the more the wheel pokes outward from the brakes. I would not buy any wheels with an offset higher (more inward) than OEM, especially considering brake clearance. How far you potentially can lower the offset depends on your fender clearance and your personal aesthetic taste. On most cars you're safe to decrease offset by 10mm and can go farther out of there is fender space and you like the look. People who use spacers effectively lower their offset by pushing the wheel out 10-20 mm. I personally don't recommend using spacers because they can be a hassle in multiple ways.
Appreciate 1