02-28-2020, 02:37 PM   #132
DrMartin
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMartin View Post
Wtwo3, is your X5 G05? M340 and X5 G05 this set seems to be the most rational choice. Both cars have the latest tech and IMO the most bargain choice in the sedan and SUV world from BMW.
How would you describe your feelings when shifting from X5 to M340, are you lack of comfort/luxury and space, but gain in acceleration and handling? Is it worth buying M340 after X5 G05?
Yes my X5 is the G05. It's a very different experience between the two. My G05 has air suspension along with acoustic glass, merino leather and massaging seats so it's extremely comfortable. It's also quite quick for a large SUV, but it's not an athlete.

The M340i definitely does not come close in comfort, but makes up for it with pure driving pleasure. It's extremely fast and handles quite well. But you do feel every bump in the road and the seats are a bit harder.

I bought both at the same time, not sure if timing makes any difference. Just depends on your needs. The M340i is more of a toy that you can use as a daily driver but does not offer much utility/space. The G05 an excellent family vehicle.

I'm loving both cars and can strongly recommend them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMartin View Post
Wtwo3, is your X5 G05? M340 and X5 G05 this set seems to be the most rational choice. Both cars have the latest tech and IMO the most bargain choice in the sedan and SUV world from BMW.
How would you describe your feelings when shifting from X5 to M340, are you lack of comfort/luxury and space, but gain in acceleration and handling? Is it worth buying M340 after X5 G05?
Yes my X5 is the G05. It's a very different experience between the two. My G05 has air suspension along with acoustic glass, merino leather and massaging seats so it's extremely comfortable. It's also quite quick for a large SUV, but it's not an athlete.

The M340i definitely does not come close in comfort, but makes up for it with pure driving pleasure. It's extremely fast and handles quite well. But you do feel every bump in the road and the seats are a bit harder.

I bought both at the same time, not sure if timing makes any difference. Just depends on your needs. The M340i is more of a toy that you can use as a daily driver but does not offer much utility/space. The G05 an excellent family vehicle.

I'm loving both cars and can strongly recommend them.
Thank you wtwo3 for sharing this. Mine G05 has also merino and air suspension. Basically I'm missing DHP, and hope M340i will meet my needs in terms of handling without any notable suffer in comfort as usual M series.
BTW full merino is also possible in M340i. whatever the seats are smaller and less comfortable than ones in G05.
Appreciate 0