Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I think it's nice that you take these contests seriously and are trying to learn from them. However, not everyone feels the same way you do.

To answer your questions (even though I never said that these contests were too easier and that I should win every single one of them ):

1. I don't care enough to actually go out and try to shoot a new photo every time. I have other responsibilities that are far more important than to go out and shoot pictures for a contest that has no significance (I don't mean to belittle them because they're fun - I'm just saying).

2. I have suggested things in the past but realized that it's up to the winner to decide so I should I waste my time coming up with a theme and suggesting it? It kinda ties in with "I simply don't care enough to spend too much time on it".

Okay back to picture posting...
Well that answers the questions and so you know I wasn't suggesting you called the contests"too easy" or anything but you said you didn't learn from them... so if you're not learning ANYTHING then you must know it all already/have a good amount of experience so they would just naturally come easy for you.

Basically all I'm saying is that just because you don't take them seriously doesn't mean others don't or shouldn't... and I don't think they should be taken TOO seriously cuz yes they are for fun but on some level should be respected as a tool to help sharpen peoples knowledge and skills in shooting new stuff. I always thought the learning element about photography/editing was an added perk to them. I think we should be trying new stuff that pushes the things that people shoot every day so that we all can feel like we're progressing as photogs... even if it's just a hobby.
Appreciate 0