Rep
Drives: M4GTS BSM/F90comp/BSM M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

I've been anticipating an update of the M2 racing for privateeer racing as well as an M2 CSL.
M3 Adjuster: Do you have a deposit yet for the M2 CS or CSL?
I've been on a list at my dealer for an M2 CSL (aka M2 further progress ) since late 2015.

However ... in three years of waiting I've watched the M2 add 150 lbs of mass and I've been teased by a list of CF parts than can be added, but not added by the factory ..

At the current time , I'm highly skeptical of getting an M2 anywhere near 1M curb weight of 3295 ( US spec 3450 for OG M2 and 3600 for M2 " competition ") so I've rather abandoned the hope that an upcoming model will be called. "CSL"' as M2 GTS seems more appropriate.

I've Also been advised by forum members that BMW only intends to keep weight ON an M2 CS, CSL, or GTS by slapping a DCT weight penalty transmission on it as the only option.

That is Quite shocking of course as we see that Porsche will bring a 911 GT3 manual and likely a Cayman GT4 manual to the US in the next year or so.

I imagine that bmw will give the F82 treatment to a 2er and come up with a CS model in DCT trim. Yawn.

I would love for them to throw their M2 perf catalog at an M2 , use the M4 GTS suspension setup, and aero and a cage. Leave the cool man OLED lights on the M4 rack along with the water injection setup to keep costs ( and weight ) down and make sure to leave 6MT standard and keep DCT as an optional item along with CC brakes.

If there is an M2 racing model alongside a true CSL type model , it would be an insane buzz for BMW closing out the F8X M cars. While I've made the jump from the E30 -E46 cars , there are many many old school BMW fans that have not, particularly the E30 M3 crowd, because the racing heritage is lacking.
An M2CSL will be in my future
Appreciate 1