04-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #615
mlavio829
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020g20 View Post
First off, the software is definitely your problem. 07.2019.XX is an old software with many known bugs. 11.2019.XX fixed many problems, including Connected Drive connectivity and CarPlay connectivity. Secondly, your experience is sadly common. Many BMW dealerships will do or say whatever it takes to avoid updating your software. It happened to me this year. My advice is to find the email address of the Service Manager, and email him the following:

1) His staff lied to you. They told you there was no newer software available, and you know for a fact there are two major releases that are both far newer than your current version: a 11.2019 release and a 03.2020 release

2) You also know from online resources that the 11.2019 update specifically addresses the types of Connected Drive problems you are having (you might as well say you are having sporadic CarPlay disconnects as well for extra reinforcement). Which means they ignored your issues and the available fix completely, and have essentially refused to fix your vehicle.

3) If your software is not updated the next time you pickup the car, you're going to have a very candid conversation with (insert name of owner or general manager of dealership that you got off their website) about how his staff is not only refusing to fix your issues, but that they're also lying to you about it.

4) Based on his response, make another appt and ask to speak with him directly when you drop the car off to make sure he knows you're not going to let them jerk you around again.

Pretty sure that will take care of it. If not, you now have a paper trail you can forward to the ownership. Either way, you may want to find another dealer...but nothing says you won't have to jump through the same ridiculous hoops there too.

Thanks! I appreciate the advice.
I sent them an email mentioning that they did not do what I asked. I received a further email saying the car is up to date. Not sure why they are saying that when the car is clearly on 2019 software.
So I basically emailed
them what you mentioned and included the manager. Hoping to hear back soon else I will be trying a different dealer. Really disappointing to have such difficulty with a software update that we should be able to do on our own!
Appreciate 0