10-23-2020, 02:23 PM   #90
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
Mission failed successfully! I gave it 10 more minutes, got stuck in the same place, then called for help. Much easier with 2 pairs hands, but we noticed 2 things:

1. The clips were pretty tight and hard to get fully through the slots. Had to use a lot of force and push them down with a screwdriver, even after pulling them out partially. I think a trim removal tool would have helped here, as you said.

2. It took more force than I would be able to exert with one arm used holding down a clip if I were doing it alone. He said he gave it about 80 pounds of force.

I did follow your advice and tape it, and that may have saved my paint. It definitely came off at a downward angle and easily could have hit the paint. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement!
Please excuse the holes in the bumper. I don't know why dealers put these horrible, horrible plastic plate guards on such beautiful cars. Especially with such big screws... I will switch to a thin frame or no frame once I get my actual plates--still on temps.
Well done for persevering with it, it looks 10x better
Appreciate 1