03-05-2021, 12:13 PM   #100
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperistops View Post
Sorry to open an old thread again but I've just took delivery of my g20 and the first thing I have tried to do is change the grille. The heat shield is slightly different now and has 4 clips and 4 grommets. I've tried to get the grille off but I cannot release the side clips. I get all the top clips out but the side ones are stuck fast. Any advice before I try again
Yup. The clips on the side are the ones that are a pain to remove. What I did was shine a light in through the gap to see exactly which clip I had to remove (there are two clips; one holds the entire grill to the car and the other one is for the outer chrome part to attach to the rest of the grill). Once you figure out the correct clip (the one holding the entire thing to the car body), use a trim removal tool to push and prod at it to dislodge it. Took me around half an hour for the one clip on the left (when you're looking at the car from up front). Once that was out, the rest of the grill came off easily and the clip on the right only needed some wiggling and pulling before that popped out too. Frustrating experience and I don't think I'll be doing it again
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1