View Single Post
      06-30-2019, 08:54 AM   #30
sarwer
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW 323i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer813 View Post
I didn’t check yesterday but as of now mine is in transit as well, wish they could bump our PCD date up, hah!
Yeah, here's the official policy from the PCD folks that I got for the PCD date...

As noted in the guidelines shown below, delivery dates are scheduled a minimum of 8 weeks after completed production for German built vehicles. These guidelines are also shown at the top of the reservation form that was submitted.

Guidelines for determining delivery dates, based on the vehicle’s production, are listed below. Please be aware that production changes, EPA/CARB holds for new models, shipping delays, repair holds, VDC Installed Accessories (VIA) and PCD availability may effect this calculation.

German Built Vehicles
Delivery dates are scheduled a minimum of 8 weeks after completed production.
Customer must take delivery no later than 12 weeks after completed production.
South Carolina Built Vehicles
Delivery dates are scheduled a minimum of 2 weeks after completed production.
Customer must take delivery no later than 6 weeks after completed production.
South African Built Vehicles
Due to extended shipping times and delays, these vehicles cannot be scheduled until they arrive at a US port.
European Re-Delivery Vehicles
These vehicles must arrive in the US and be processed by both US Customs and the BMW VDC before a delivery date can be determined.

The current delivery date is based on the estimated production date for the vehicle. This vehicle is a week 25 production and a week 25 production is normally scheduled for delivery on 08/16/2019 or later. We build in a little over a week buffer time for shipping delays since customer’s are making travel plans. We do not want the customer to arrive and be here without their new BMW.
Appreciate 0