View Single Post
      10-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #3
ixxo
Enlisted Member
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

It's almost the same kind of noise as when ABS kicks in. The issue with the brake assist is, at least in my case, it triggers often as false positive alert. When reversing to garage I have no idea what is the reason why it kicks in. There is no object visualised through parking sensors as orange or red. My only explanation would be it does either take in account not only PDC sensors but somehow also a view from rear camera which can see under some conditions shadow on the ground. Or it's very very sensitive on angle of the ground and even small difference between garage floor and the ramp before the garage door can trigger the assist. I had this false positive alerts in both scenarios when ramp is in negative and positive angle in comparison to garage floor.

This would make more sense to me than the rear view camera. As the sensors can understand in one scenario the upper part of the ramp as a danger object and in second scenario it could be the floor of the garage which produces signal reflection ... but in this case I would expect orange and red warning on the screen together with sound warning.

Last edited by ixxo; 10-25-2020 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0