///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
I'm not worried about manual vs auto (sorry manual lovers, that ship sailed long time ago for me after using DCT for some time).

I do wish, however, that they had a DCT option. I'm sure the auto will have a tiptronic/steptronic functionality where you can manually change gears and downshift, etc, but it won't be nearly as fast or as thrilling as the dual clutch. Surely it will have rev-matching as well, but again, just wished DCT would've been an option.

the key question will become price for me, between the base vs comp.

if the base (474hp) comes in around 70k, and they slap a 8-10k upcharge for the competition (closer to 80k for a base competition), i think I may have to seriously consider the possibility of a CPO 992 S for around $100k in a couple of years.

but I'm hoping I'm wrong, and the competition "base" price will be closer to 70k than to 80k
The automatic for the F85 is smother than the DCT— I can still feel the transmission drop when M drivelogic is set to 3 bars and WOT. The M developed AT is not the same as the series production AT. I have the luxury of comparing the DCT and M AT on a daily basis when I switch between my F83 & F85.
Which do you prefer?
Appreciate 0