05-22-2019, 08:21 PM   #14
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by to_riffic View Post
If you browse the Audi forums, there are quite some debates whether a RS5's price is justifiable compared to the S5. I do feel that the RS5 doesn't look any more different inside and out to separate it from the lower S5 and if I had to choose between the two, I'd probably go with the S5. Bit fan of the Sportback look from Audi.
If you're looking purely from a performance standpoint, then yes the RS5 is very expensive for what it is. Considering the Benz C63S Sedan (yes the S version) is literally $400 more MSRP at $74,600 then you would have some issues justifying the price of the RS5.

However, like I said though. I went into driving the RS5 knowing it is a different experience than a BMW M or Benz AMG so, I am not as bothered by the price point. There are a lot of options in the Audi RS5 you do not really need as Audi USA shoved in a lot of options as standard. The only one I would point to is, Dynamic Steering and Bang and Olufsen. Those are the only two I would absolutely get.

nirvanayoda Oh that's good to know. Again, i would need to drive the RS5 w/o it to know for certain but I would guess this is different between the S5 and the RS5 with or without it. I would be extremely surprised if this wasn't the case.

Last edited by Arcades; 05-22-2019 at 08:29 PM..
Appreciate 0