10-30-2020, 02:27 PM   #6
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanmad;26856429[B
]I tried to find a harness on ebay for high 3 but didn't find anything[/B], perhaps I din't use the proper words to refer to that part specifically and would appreciate some help. Cheers!!
You will not find a harness yet for this retrofit as there is no retrofit for it. This is a custom job.

- You need to create your own harnesses, at least three of them - Quadralock (media 2 main connector) to main connector (high 3), ethernet harness (high 3) which your car does not have, and RAM harness/speakers.
- High 3 requires a RAM module in the trunk as there are no tuners in the High 3 -tuners are in the RAM.
- Speakers are powered by the RAM + High 3. The Media 2 HU power the speakers directly (via Quadralock). There is no RAM in your car.

So the video of the iDrive 6 to 7 is missing all the custom work behind this retrofit, that is perhaps the reason they will not answer your questions.

My suggestion is to investigate the possibility of flashing a Media 2 HU with iDrive 7 (or maybe you will only need a more recent version of a Media 2 HU with native iDrive 7), and look for what is needed to retrofit the digital display. That would be much simpler and cheaper than going full High 3.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ST1857 Infotainment 2018.pdf (2.95 MB, 310 views)
Appreciate 0