11-07-2019, 07:05 PM   #183
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MTFTMFW View Post
I didn't say it's a prerequisite, although in my book it's purist enthusiast's preference.
However I guarantee you that Kia had more enthusiasts in mind while building their 6MT G70 than BMW making G20's without MT option whatsoever in USA at least and instead focusing on all-digital gauge clusters, roomier than F30 back seats and other non-enthusiast creature comforts.
Funny you mention the 4 banger genesis, who buys those? Wonder why they didnt put one in the 3.3T eh... The competition has the same dash, Audi/ MB, next Genesis will follow suit. Forget M cars because all M cars has their own faults, over priced relative to the competition and performance threshold etc, electric steering in bimmers is a bigger insult than having a good auto box.

My last BMW happened to be a manual and was driven for a decade and racked up almost 200k miles. So i understand the manual argument but like i said that doesn't mean jack regarding what a proper enthusiast/purist car is. Forget M cars, purist car is something like the Ford Mustang GT500, 991.2 GT3 etc.

So again we shall agree to disagree.