06-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #22
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I'm rural enough to be able to enjoy a performance car in the right situation, and I don't get 'enthusiastic' in other situations. Could be an age thing. But it is true that modern performance cars are impossible to drive at their full potential on public roads, lest one wants to risk serious jail time.
Me too. I live rural too with great, I mean really great roads just at the end of my driveway. Police presence is very low in my county, although recently they've found me a few times; however the deer and black bear population is quite robust (go ahead and try to see a black bear at night...). I regularly park my BMWs wet and steaming of burning odors that makes me re-think my sanity. The wildlife keep my speeds in check, but I have found that any car above 250 HP and a good suspension is more than enough for killing yourself should a moment of driving error arise.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
wdb4673.00
angelr187.50