Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Its probably thanks to former M-division head Albert Biernman heading R&D over at Hyundai/Kia/Genesis. I believe he's responsible for the G70, Stinger, and Volester N

Honestly I think Merc has already beaten BMW in certain models, mainly the C,E,S in their higher trims (full AMG and AMG-light), but BMW is ahead in SUVs in my opinion.
I think BMW has Merc beaten with the compact and mid-size category. S-class definitely trounces on the 7er.

Merc interiors are very clearly a notch below BMW, besides the S-class.
I'm glad someone else thinks this. Don't get me wrong, Mercedes makes great cars but too many people are too easily influenced by just the appearance of Mercedes but when you actually sit in them, the feel doesn't necessarily match what you see - this is clear in the C and E Class.

I was one of many who got to see the C Class at an auto show before the launch on a spinning platform (can't touch or sit in) and was totally fascinated and thought Mercedes just set itself atop of the segment...until I sat in one and my expectations completely dropped. The C Class and E Class are more eye candy than they are smaller versions of the S Class as many people like to say.
Appreciate 4