10-23-2019, 07:25 PM   #36
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaM View Post
The truth is even if the G70 was as fast/good as the bimmer, people would still choose the bimmer simply because it's a bimmer (brand prestige).
Luxury today unfortunately is dictated by how expensive and unattainable things are.
In some cases you get what you pay for but most of the time you pay just for the brand name, not because your product is great.
If you know about cars then you know that Genesis makes really really good cars, i know because i used to own the first generation of genesis cars (hyundai genesis) and it was one of the best cars i owned and currently own a G90 (another fantastic car).
Genesis is trying to build a name for themselves and just the fact that they are comparing the G70 with a 3 series or the G90 against the S class it just shows you how good the Genesis brand is.
Mark my words the day will come when the Genesis cars will be at the same level as bimmers and mercs or even better and that day is closing in very quickly.
For me, There's zero point in spending more than double the money to get a 7 series or S class, my G90 is a fantastic car just as is the G70 but you will have to overcome the fact that it does not have the brand prestige that bimmers or mercs have.....just yet. But just wait.

Your argument doesn't hold, again, not everybody buys on price and despite what you proclaim, there are many goods where price is synonymous with quality. You don't always get a comparable product when your main criteria is to go with the cheaper alternative. More often than not the cheaper product is inferior. You may think the BMW is expensive but when compared to a typical Porsche it is cheap. Conversely your G80 is expensive compared to an Avalon etc.

Genesis is late to market and while the G70 is competitive the brand itself still have far to go before it can stand with the big four. Furthermore, the market today is extremely competitive, much more so than it was in the 90's when Lexus debuted the LS400. Genesis is no Lexus and even Lexus doesn't sell as many cars as they used to. Lexus already captures the buyers that would most likely buy the Genesis. At the end of the day, you buy what makes you happy I guess or what you can afford. I would love a 991.2 GT3 RS but I can only afford a cheap M340i today, one day I will have my GT3 though.

PS. New M340i's can be had for less than 60k, mine was a hair over 60k. No need for professional driver assistance and a bunch of other options people choose, complete waste for a drivers car, but then again who am I to tell another person how to spend their hard earned money.

Last edited by EXE46; 10-23-2019 at 07:34 PM..
Appreciate 1
530iDriver1707.50