Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340i 6MT

Garage List
2019 BMW 440i  [0.00]
2018 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Sorry if I took it too personally.

I find the Genesis (not Kia, even if they are under the same parent group) interesting vehicle as its a vehicle that I particularly enjoyed in my drive, and also the beginning of Albert Biernman's work of vehicles in Genesis since he left BMW, and I'm curious to see what he does next - maybe a high performance G70?

I'm more interested in why people are so stuck up on not giving this vehicle a chance, and why they act like its the end of the world, especially when I know a good portion of people who have posted negatively about it haven't driven it. The past is the past, and things have changed greatly since Hyundai's beginnings. Is it better than a G20, no, but it is 90% there in the driving experience, while still offering great value (which some buyers do care about) and most likely good reliability.

Are there problems/negatives? Yes, dealers, the transmission and engine are good but not as good as the BMW or Mercedes (Audi, Lexus, and Infiniti's latest offerings are honestly worse), and brand image. The valet program solves the first issue, and ignore the lack of "prestige" the badge has and you can enjoy a good car.
Sure no problem. Well I can't answer for everyone but I'm used to paying for things what they're worth in my, albeit twisted, mind.
50K for BMW all day long, 50K for Genesis - no way.
Sorry just like I wouldn't pay for MIC shoes the same money as Alden's just like I wouldn't pay Blancapain's money for Invicta, and so on on and so forth.
Good try, it may drive better, it may fly like a freaking flying saucer. I'm not paying BMW money for a Kia.
That's just it for me. In my own personal opinion. No hard feelings to each is own, YMMV, etc etc.
Call it a brand whore, brand snob, whatever. Not happening. If they made this in the Camry Accord price range I'd be the first screaming attaboy Kia.