Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscsix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MTFTMFW View Post
Sure no problem. Well I can't answer for everyone but I'm used to paying for things what they're worth in my, albeit twisted, mind.
50K for BMW all day long, 50K for Genesis - no way.
Sorry just like I wouldn't pay for MIC shoes the same money as Alden's just like I wouldn't pay Blancapain's money for Invicta, and so on on and so forth.
Good try, it may drive better, it may fly like a freaking flying saucer. I'm not paying BMW money for a Kia.
That's just it for me. In my own personal opinion. No hard feelings to each is own, YMMV, etc etc.
Call it a brand whore, brand snob, whatever. Not happening. If they made this in the Camry Accord price range I'd be the first screaming attaboy Kia.
You are welcome to your opinion, and I own a BMW, not a Genesis, so I certainly seem to feel the same way. BUT, your comment missed the mark. $50,000 gets you a damn near stripped "three series". But it gets you a totally loaded G30 that has not only everything $60,000+ 3 has, but it gets you things that are not even available on a 3, such as ventilated seats, NAPA leather, and a power adjustable steering wheel.

If you are going to say $50,000 BMW, then you need to say $$38,000 G70. I have not looked it up, but I'm pretty sure that's about the price point for a G70 comparable to a 3 series.

Being totally honest, if the G70 came from a brand....virtually any brand other than Hyundai, it's the car we all would be buying. The real truth is that most car enthusiasts are also car snobs. I'm not a snob otherwise, but I can dam sure admit I'm a bit of a car snob.
People like that clearly value the badge more than the car. It's why you see a lot of people stretching to buy cars like the 320 when they could get much more practicality and utility from an Accord for the same price.
Appreciate 0