View Single Post
      11-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #168
Giggler
Banned
Rep
Drives: 20' M340i, 24' X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristau View Post
They didn't begin selling it in most markets late 2018 or so. I figure that's a null point. In Korea (where I hear pretty much everyone has Korean car loyalty), it might be a 2-3 year old model, but for much of the world it's 1-2 years at most and entered it's life at the same time as the new A4, the new 3 series, and the mid cycle c class. The average person isn't going to think "this new car is showing it's age because it started production 2-3 years ago." They're going to think "this brand new Genesis doesn't really compete with the Germans or Lexus, but it is much cheaper."
The Genesis brand just became available this year here in California because Hyundai dealerships previously were not accredited as official Genesis dealers. Which brings me to my main point: I've shopped Hyundai on a few occasions in the past and couldn't figure out if I should respond with fight or flight to some of the salesman's slime-ball tactics. I wouldn't be satisfied buying, owning, and doing maintenance through a Hyundai dealership. There's a reason all the other luxury nameplates have a separate dealership network from their non-luxury counterparts.
Appreciate 0