Drives: F36 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingerGT2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MTFTMFW View Post
You missed my point sticking to a number
Ok, 60K for BMW no problem, 38K for a Kia I'll take a Camry v6 XLE
I... drove the Camry V6 XLE / Accord 2.0 Sport

Even the base Genesis 2.0 would be a lot ahead of them in terms of handling and pretty much even on acceleration. 3.3T? It blows past them by far.

38K would enable you to get an base 3.3t Genesis. (or Stinger GT for that matter) and as a Stinger GT2 owner... I could tell you how good this car is. At the time that the G70 was going on sale, it was the F30 3 series for the BMW. G70 would be on top vs those models, which is an amazing feat by Hyundai. Got to give them the credit on that.

CANNOT compare a camry against a Genesis, which is even sharper than the Stinger on the road. It is that good. G70 comes pretty close the the current G20 3 series.

For the money, Genesis DOES make the argument of M340i vs G70. Its a 90% of the car for about 12-15K less
The g70 is a value, at least going strictly by listed msrp. The same can be said of the stinger. Even though I criticized the review that was the subject of this thread, I'm glad that genesis and kia have bothered to focus on bringing two formidable sports sedans to the market instead of yet another ugly, clunky suv appliance. We do well to remember this, because they did enthusiasts a favor by giving us more options for a fair price, and introducing more competition into the segment we care about. Had it not been for the g70, stinger, Alfa, and other alternatives in the luxury sports sedan segment, the g20 3 series might not have been such an improvement over the f30.

Also, anyone who compares a Camry to any car in this segment is just talking trash. Either that or they've never driven a Camry or a car in this segment. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the Camry. It's excellent at what it's meant to be, but it's not designed for car enthusiasts.
Appreciate 1