02-17-2024, 08:31 PM   #15
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doey View Post
Thanks so much for your quick reply! That pretty much answers my question and I've been trying to answer that question for the past few months so thank you so much!

It was clear that a flash was better than a JB4, but I could never really quantify how much better...because going off the 0-60 and quarter mile numbers only, it didnt seem that big an improvement. But now it makes sense when you've explained it!

I guess the only thing left to decide is if I get a racewerks DP (200cell) or the AA DP (400cell), incase BMW undo the FEMTO unlock sometime in the future. At least with the AA DP I could still run that on a stock car without throwing a CEL. I'm assuming your DP was also an AA since you did it with only a jb4?
Happy to hear that it helps! Makes it worth while to write personal reviews on them.

Yes im on AA dp, catless. It does throw cel but i got used to that while using jb4 for about 15 months so i am ok with that lol.

I want to say mhd probably shave about at least a .7 sec off of my quarter mile but of course i cannot verify that without getting on the track. But what i feel is that it is a significant difference because you have that significant additional power AT ALL TIMES. So every acceleration is different from stock, at all times. Every one is different but that’s how I see it.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0