nakamuru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mazda3, vw passat, suzuki vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamuru View Post
So I have 2019 x3 and it came with the dealer swirl marks and like to remove this. About a month old and got all the stuff needed except a polish to remove it. I'll be doing this in coming days but will do as follows.

Pressure rinse/foam wash/rinse
2 bucket method
iron x
tar x
claybar
then use da porter cable to polish
Then white wax

I know bmw paint is on the hard side so might be tricky to remove the swirl marks and may need mutltiple passes or gradually go to next pad (i got the whole color pad set and plan on doing least abrasive first)

Any tips also on polishing these cars would be great.
If only the hood has the swirl marks then only use correcting polish on the hood.

As others have said Meguiars and 3M both have an excellent line of cutting polishing liquids - start off least aggressive if u don’t have experience - good idea to hone your skills on a rental car or the like.

Glazes and polishes with no correcting abrasives may be the way to go on all the other panels.
Yes looking for least abrasive to test on. I'll practice on my other car and see how it turns out . Do you specifically which pad to use and what specific polish that seems least abrasive and safe and I'll build front there I'm using a da porter cable something xlt one most uses and gotta get a backing pad
Appreciate 0