United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanw1996 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsatbhs View Post
I'm wondering whether this is actually happening or if dealers are just saying stuff to move their stock. I've heard this statement from dealers multiple times and so far nothing has happened to my order. The orders that actually we're cancelled were removed from MyGarage. I've talked to BMW NA and they know nothing about additional cancellations of builds. My dealer has also not mentioned anything about a possible cancellation of my order. I guess time will tell.
I agree with your theory that it might be just an excuse to move old stock, especially since they're having trouble moving inventory as is and there is definitely going to be a massive overstock of 2020s (mainly 330s but still a good number of 340s I'm sure). When I ordered my 330 my CA (truth be told the most honest sales guy I've ever come across) he phrased it that he was concerned that the 2020 production may stop, but was careful to point out that was not an official word from BMW. he really had no reason to try to push me towards anything on the lot since none of their available inventory was even close to the specs I wanted, and no dealer in the NE region had one similar that he could get either. when I said I wanted to role the dice on going through with the order he didn't push back - and as I've posted mine has already gone into production.
Yep, similar experience here. Dealer initially tried to sell me stock due to the longer timeframe on my build when all of this happened, but now that I held strong on the build they haven't said anything about cancellations. If my build gets cancelled, then so be it...
Appreciate 0