View Single Post
      08-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #9
woody320
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire330e View Post
Forgive my ignorance, what’s stage 1 and stage 2 integration with this?

I’ve had Alexa linked via ConnectedDrive (iOS) for some months, from Alexa in the house you can command the car to; unlock, ventilate/heat, check range and prob some other stuff. You can’t do anything with it/Alexa in the car though.

Interestingly, when I’ve followed the guidance in that video (mine is already set up) - my Alexa app tells me the BMW skill is no longer available? Not sure if that’s because I’ve got it and use it, or it really has dropped off? It still works anyway as have used it today.

Doesn’t seem to be any integration in the new My BMW app yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire330e View Post
Forgive my ignorance, what's stage 1 and stage 2 integration with this?

I've had Alexa linked via ConnectedDrive (iOS) for some months, from Alexa in the house you can command the car to; unlock, ventilate/heat, check range and prob some other stuff. You can't do anything with it/Alexa in the car though.

Interestingly, when I've followed the guidance in that video (mine is already set up) - my Alexa app tells me the BMW skill is no longer available? Not sure if that's because I've got it and use it, or it really has dropped off? It still works anyway as have used it today.

Doesn't seem to be any integration in the new My BMW app yet.

Hello stage 1 is what's always been there. With Alexa at home you can get her to tell you it's locked, range etc.

Stage 2 is integration with the car. Over the past 2 years I have heard so many different stories - from BMW. Most haven't a clue. It was pulled months ago (as per usual BMW didn't tell anyone) and I've heard every story from Connecteddrive under the sun such as

It's coming
It's never been pulled you can have it now! Go do a service update!
It's never coming back
What? Alexa in the car?
Your car can't have it (I drive 7 330e) what utter rubbish.

They build great cars but as for support they have a long long way to go

Then the video was released so I guess it's got to be coming
Appreciate 0