View Single Post
      08-08-2020, 08:21 AM   #13
BimmerGuyFL78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchJR View Post
Do you mind sharing your deal on this and where you ordered it? I also have a 2018 540i with a lease ending in February, and I plan on ordering an M340i similar to your specs, also in Florida.

On a whim I found an executive demo equipped almost exactly to my liking on the east coast. I thought it could be a good deal between current incentives, end of 2020 model run, and the demo miles, and if so I would pick it up and have two cars for a few months. The dealer quoted lease rates over $900/month on an M340i "discounted" from $64k to $57k on their website. That is more than I am paying on a $78k 540i. Three different people from the dealership have called back to tell me what a special car it is and how many people are looking at it. I have obviously given up on my whim, but wonder if the pricing will remain outlandish when I order a car.

I am sold on the M340i for its driving experience, but I also expect a less expensive car to be less expensive to lease.
I ended up canceling the order on the M340i. Sure it's "faster" handles corners "better" etc. I see those as the only positives over a 540i. You ideally cannot drive like that everyday in Florida with traffic, speed limits etc. the 540i is quieter, smoother, more comfortable, more space, better interior quality, plus it handles very good for an everyday vehicle, steers very well, rides much better. I just don't the point to go down to a M340i when it has less positives than the 540i as an everyday vehicle. Plus to me the 5-series has a much better design flow than the 3-series.

I've been driving BMW's since I was 16 years old, I'm 42 now. The 5-series seems to fit me more what I enjoy more now at my age then when I was younger. The 3 is nice but the 5 is just on a more mature level.