12-11-2018, 10:20 AM   #17
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC_340i View Post
I'm on the same boat but I got more time as my lease ends in November 2019. I'm really interested in the M340i but I also want to keep my '16 340i because I love it so much.

My plan is to take the 3 month extension and go around to dealers in late December to place an order for a M340i (hopefully with ED) and keep my 340i until it arrives.

Question regarding custom ordering, I've seen conflicting info on this but if I use December rates and incentives to order a car and it gets delivered in, let's say February, will the payment get recalculated based on February rates? From what I see it looks like I have an option on whether to use the December rates I ordered with or to use the February rates when I pickup the car depending on what's better.
You get a 60 day lock on rates on the east coast and 90 day lock on the west coast. If the car comes in during the lock period you have the choice of your "order date" rates or the current rates. This is mutually exclusive as well you can't mix and match. If the car arrives outside the lock period you are stuck with the rates on delivery. however I have heard but not experienced that the dealer can work with BMWNA to play around with this. I also think they have some options like rerunning your credit each period to extend the lock. Depending on how rates are trending you may want to order in oct for dec delivery. As of late by October we have gotten a pretty good preview of the holiday program. It's likely but not guaranteed the best rates will be in dec so there is a bit of risk no matter how you play it.
Appreciate 0