01-11-2019, 06:14 PM   #127
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Score04 View Post
I had a question. I was building a 330i.

When choosing M-Sport, why doesn't it state what that $5,000 gets you? I feel this was easier to figure out on the bmwusa.com site before. If not, can anyone direct me to something that specifies what is in that $5K M Sport package. I know what it entails but want the specifics.

When you select building an M-Sport Package, you can't get the convenience package? So, this car will not be equipped with Lumbar Support, Comfort Access Keyless Entry or Blind Spot Detection?

I see that if you select the Executive Package for $2100 it includes everything in the $900 Parking Assistance Package so that's okay.

The configurator doesn't expand what is in the $1700 Driving Assistance Professional Package. I guess it allows to add that.

All in all, are the extra safety features not allowed to be added when in M Sport?

Is the Track Handling Package worth it? I wouldn't track the car and thought the M Sport Brakes would be standard with the M Sport Package but guess it's still optional. Is the differential worth having in daily driving? I guess I just don't know enough about it if anyone can elaborate a few positives for having it on a daily driver not tracking it. Any thoughts or answers, please?

Thanks!
You can't get Convenience Package with M Sport because M Sport already includes Convenience Package.

"Track Handling Package" continues to be the worst-named option in recent history in my opinion. It's well worth getting for a daily driver because the adaptive suspension it comes with is much smoother and more comfortable than the standard suspension. I'm basing this off my experience with multiple F30s, all reports indicate the M Sport standard suspension is firmer / slightly more harsh in G20 than M Sport was with F30 so if you want a comfortable ride in Comfort mode, Track Handling is worthwhile.

The differential is nice to have on the 6 cylinder models, it helps improve traction when exiting corners and also makes the car easier to control when it does break loose and start to slide. Less important to have on the 4 cyl cars in my opinion BUT the 330i does have quite a lot of torque so who knows until we get to drive these things.
Appreciate 0