OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky1975 View Post
Hi

New to the forum and just looking for a bit of advice. I'm about to order the G20 320d m sport but i have read a few reviews where they state the m sport suspension gives a really harsh ride. Granted the test cars were on upgraded 19" wheels

The car would be on standard 18" wheels but I don't have the option to go for the adaptive suspension.

I currently drive a 2016 C220 with AMG line suspension which I think is fine and I was wondering how the two compare.

Previously I drove 2006 3 series m sport, I am assuming the ride quality would have improved since then?

I not looking for a pure luxury but at the same time don't want to be driving a bone shaker.

If anyone can share there experience it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
MSport is definitely stiffer than C220 & a bit harsher than 18's on a 3er. Adaptive does improve the ride on 19's & would recommend everybody to spec adaptive on 19's.
Can't quite remember if the 18's on a 3 were as overall comfortable as the Merc but I can say for sure imo the Merc is in no way as engaging to drive, that was the exact reason why a relative who had one ,Burmester and all the tech got rid of his for an S3...much to his Mrs' chagrin
Appreciate 0