12-02-2020, 02:52 PM   #18
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
You're right. My opinion is stupid. Again, I don't care how many they make. A mustang will never find a home in my garage. Again, I realize there are some really nice mustangs, but there are some really nice Honda's as well, it doesn't mean I will buy one. In the town I live in at least 1 in 5 cars is a Mustang. Pass.

Also, BMW 3 series and Mustang sales are nowhere near about the same amount every year. Since 2017 Mustangs outsell BMW 3 series by roughly 30k units annually, thus my point. I also wouldn't own a Challenger for the same reason. Do I like fast cars? Yes. Do I want to own the same fast car that everyone else owns? No, as I am not everyone else. Hell, I'll drive a slower car just not to drive the same damn car as everyone else on the road. Regardless of speed or performance, it's just another Mustang in my eyes.

I'm with you on this one. I think what bugs me about the Mustang is it's the "de-facto" sports car in its segment. It's extremely capable, and a fantastic car, but it's a boring choice in terms of variety, not driving dynamics.

Going to most likely get flamed here, but I feel the exact same way about any generation Vette or 911. They're incredible performers, and I respect what they're capable of, but I'll never give enough of a shit about them to own one. It's why I chose my R8 over a C2S or C4S, or anything else in that range. I was bored of the 911 before I even set foot into the dealership. And for an emotional purchase like this, I want to want to drive it. Nine years later and I still own my R8, and I'll probably never get rid of it unless I wreck it or it blows up.

Not taking anything away from the GT500. I'm happy it won, and can put my personal biases aside enough to recognize that it earned it over the available competition. But I'll most likely never own one. I'm happy riding in my neighbors' (yes plural) when the occasion arises.