View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 05:19 PM   #19
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohw View Post
While I feel he may have embellished his wording a bit, I got the impression he lives in a place like me. I see few luxury brands where I live because the closest dealers are 1 to 2 hours away. I see at least 10 mustangs if not more every single day. I don't even pay attention to them. Same thing with things like hellcats. I could drive past a 392 or a hellcat and not even notice because I just passed 5 other chargers that look kind of like it in the last 5 miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
I'm with you on this one. I think what bugs me about the Mustang is it's the "de-facto" sports car in its segment. It's extremely capable, and a fantastic car, but it's a boring choice in terms of variety, not driving dynamics.

Going to most likely get flamed here, but I feel the exact same way about any generation Vette or 911. They're incredible performers, and I respect what they're capable of, but I'll never give enough of a shit about them to own one. It's why I chose my R8 over a C2S or C4S, or anything else in that range. I was bored of the 911 before I even set foot into the dealership. And for an emotional purchase like this, I want to want to drive it. Nine years later and I still own my R8, and I'll probably never get rid of it unless I wreck it or it blows up.

Not taking anything away from the GT500. I'm happy it won, and can put my personal biases aside enough to recognize that it earned it over the available competition. But I'll most likely never own one. I'm happy riding in my neighbors' (yes plural) when the occasion arises.

This is it exactly. I always embellish my wording. I've been around for a few years now, most here have already come to realize my personality.....those with personality pick up on it pretty quickly; those that do not....call me ridiculous....at best.
Appreciate 0