JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rux View Post
Awesome Video.

The M440i is completely shrugged off by some due to the grille, so called muted lines and curb weight. They are not seeing how well the car performs vs previous models. Sprint mode for example is crazy in the 21 M440i. I have heard only 1 reviewer even mention it.

I absolutely love this car for what it is purpose driven to be: A GT car I can daily drive which loads of power if I want or refined comfort if I need it.

Can you imagine how fast an xDrive M4 will be?

People can like what they want but those who are shrugging it off are really missing out.

Cars are a subjective thing but personally it's a hell no I'm not missing out on the 440i.. I don't think the car is bad per say, but it missed the target IMO and it could've been FAR better than what it is today. Is it a "bad" car? NO. It just doesn't ring the bells like BMW used to for a lot of long time BMW owners and/or new BMW owners.

Let's see.. besides the obvious exterior controversy, there's some other things that the car introduced that led it to be less "driver/performance oriented." And the exterior is obviously a huge issue. If it just looked better, people would definitely be more inclined to buy.

- 53-54% of the weight is now at the front wheels (traditionally closer to 50-50)
- Manual isn't offered anymore
- Doesn't offer Rear wheel drive anymore except in 430i trim (how is this helping the brand? when BMWs have traditionally been known to be RWD)
- Weight gain in the neighborhood of 200lbs?

Add the exterior looks to this car and yea you're going to have a problem with the masses.

It has departed from the traditional formula, for better or for worse obviously we all disagree. You love your car, and I wish you the best with the car, but I fail to see what exactly I am missing out on. Brute acceleration to 60mph due to the AWD?

It's the combination of the above listed things (including the looks) that have made me feel I won't be missing a thing.
Appreciate 12
Bumpinjeep5508.50
MGDSC46.00
hoyas490131.50
Ikester192124.00
The_Werm212.00
rr006rbc1204.00
Dinh335713.00
330iToy71.00