View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 12:31 AM   #8
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAus View Post
I spent my time over Easter in isolation from the world, just like everyone else. Although I have a Drive Recorder installed in the car I felt the need to have dashcams to record any unfortunate events while parked. In addition, the dashcams also give you cool video while driving and also records events on the road that would otherwise not be recorded by the Drive Recorder - like the time a Merc driver decided to brake test me in a 40 kph zone (complete with middle finger) - WTF?

So I put the time to good use and installed the following in my car:

1. BlackVue DR900S dual channel dashcams.
2. Cellink Neo6 battery to run the dashcams while parked.

As I have not installed a Power Magic Pro, I have not conducted the research on how it should be installed. I'm sure someone else will be able to help with this.

In the meantime, here is a video on the installation and a PDF file of photos and a few tips to assist you, should you wish to install something similar in your own cars.

Hi Steve

Excellent video and pdf mate , I will be definitely installing the same setup as you
Have you thought about buying the Blackview polarizing filters?
I noticed in the footage of the front camera there was the reflection of the speaker grille
I will also buy the tamper proof lock for front camera.

A quick question , you did not have to buy any longer cables for the Blackvue right, they were all enough length to go from front to back ?
What brand Micro SD card did you buy and what capacity and is your current capacity sufficient . 128GB can store 7 hours of 4k footage so I was thinking of that capacity, the Samsung EVO
I think max is 256GB but maybe thats a bit too much especially when they advise you change cards every few years due to degradation.

One more question, are you getting any funny messages in your BMW display because of the install or does everything work 100% no issues.

Thanks
Appreciate 0