View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 02:18 AM   #1
Glassy
E36, E46, E90, E92, F32
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i

My New Black Sapphire Metallic M340i - Write-Up & Photos!

Hey guys,

Took delivery of my M340i a few weeks back and I'm absolutely loving this car. My very first ride was an E36. From there I had an E46, E90, E92 and F32 so basically every generation since the E36. And I have no hesitation saying that this G20 is the absolute best generation I've owned thus far.

Everything about the car just feels very well-built. I appreciate how BMW has maintained that 3 Series essence throughout, while still evolving the line. The interior is very clean and not overdone. And the car hauls some serious ass. I haven't played around with Sport+ yet but on Sport, it's very responsive and feels planted to the ground. The shifts are lightening quick and the exhaust note is far more defined than my previous 435i coupe. The live cockpit has a brilliant display and the idrive system is very customizable.

The car isn't perfect though. There are still some minor setbacks for me, the price being the biggest one. Overall the car has set me back about $70,000, which I feel is excessive for a 3 Series, even if it's M inspired. Not a fan of how the Auto Start/Stop Engine must be disengaged everytime you start-up the car. The RPM's going counter clock wise took some getting use to being that they've gone in the other direction for all my other cars. The auto dimming of both my displays during the daytime because of my tinted windows, is also a drag. More on that can be found here, https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9#post24961969. I also wish the trunk flooring lifted up for more storage like it did in my 435i. I need to secure bags with bungee cords otherwise everything slides around.

I don't have many plans for upgrades/modifications but I did replace all of the Cerium Gray accents. I went with high gloss black for the grill and air ducts and CF for the side mirrors. A very special shout out to Britney and Greg of BMWPARTSPRO in Camarillo, CA who took really good care of me! I wish I lived closer to their dealership! Also have those WeissLicht License Plate LED's coming soon from Bimmian.

I have plenty more to say about this car so if you guys have any questions at all, just let me know! Happy to help.
Attached Images

Last edited by Glassy; 09-23-2019 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 8
Cabby339.50
Jason40669.00
beto_L.A.343.00
dpod25102.00
oz555671.00