Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drj161 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Damn all prior front ends look so dated now. Seeing them like this really highlights that it was time for a major change. At his current time and into the future no doubt I prefer the new concept.
I feel the same way. SCOTT26 alluded to this as well. It'll be interesting to see how many people register for the forum around the time that the new cars are made available to the public with threads titled, "New to BMW and I just picked up my new 4/M3/M4...." ...or, "Long time lurker, but I finally joined the family. Pics of my new 4/M3/M4."
I know many people will get it, but I went back to the concept f32 reveal and the forum was generally very positive. It was well received and BMW really pumped out the amazing f82. Really not sure if the g8x will do as well in the future.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=775876
I agree about the reception. That I cannot dispute, but people well above our respective pay grades obviously saw something in the stats. This is a major move by BMW; a move that wasn't whimsical (...which is another reason why comments about this concept being a ruse, a joke....or a ploy confound me). This isn't a game. This is a major automotive marquee that was used to smashing the completion for at least 10 years straight, only to witness Mercedes dominate them the last three years (...and thankfully the X SAV's and the new 7 have helped claw back some market share). That is not something this company is accustomed to. Something had to change.
Maybe they should start with building better cars. :

Most of their lineup sucks to be honest. I walk into dealerships now and just shake my head. My wife's X3 does the job buts it's not a great car. It's the baby car that my wife wanted.

Beaver grilles will NOT help BMW.
...and maybe BMW's previous approach was its own worst enemy.

I feel the same way that you do when I walk into a dealership now. Nothing is really that inspiring to me outside of the ///M3 and ///M4, and to a lesser degree, the ///M2C. Gone are the days where I liked nearly every model......but I'm only one buyer. I'm not sure where the chasm began, but somewhere, somehow BMW shifted into a phase of largely uninspiring designs. Even the new 3 is simply boring to me. This new 4 is striking; it is going to grab your attention for better or for worse (....of course most on this forum will say the latter). It will be a conversation piece. It will be aggressive. I don't love it, but I do have an appreciation for it.......more today than I did upon initially seeing the renders. The more I look at it, the more it starts to come together for me......and I've been looking at it intermittently all day. Maybe the designer(s) went through a similar process. Who knows!?! What I do know is that this car has buzz; people are talking, albeit somewhat negatively now, but I reckon that will change. It's bold, brash.....risky, but that's part of the allure. Some ask, "Why?!?, while others simply....just......look. It takes awhile to take it all in. I looked at my F82 tonight and felt like it aged overnight. For the first time ever it felt old. Don't misinterpret that as a criticism. I love it to death, but I would be remiss if I weren't honest when I relay my thoughts to this forum. I want to see the new 4/M4 in the flesh. I'll likely stare for a significant amount of time just as I did when I first saw a YSB F80 ///M3 while awaiting the arrival of mine back in 2014. Yas had me questioning the same way this new grill does. It didn't quite sit right with me initially, but I was drawn to it. Every photo or video captured it a bit differently. I drove all the way to San Diego just to stare at that YMB F80 for over an hour. Anyways, I'm teetering on tangentiality now.
Appreciate 3