Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by the storm breaks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I would like some of you to explain what "looking like a BMW" means to you because every iteration of car has a more progressive look and identity. An E30 sure as hell didn't look like the E36, and the E36 didn't look like the E46, and so on. Sure, this is BMW's most controversial change, but the company has always changed.
I get it, but I guess It just feels like there should be a few more models in between before it comes to this lol. Well it really feels like it should never come to this but...

All of the grilles in your montage, with the exception of the latest concept 4, are in proportion with the rest of the front end. Grilles and light enclosures have grown in proportion together over successive models but don't look offensive because there is harmony in the design.
I have bought numerous BMWs over the years - and currently own a 4GC - because they are fast, efficient and beautifully designed. I won't be buying the latest 4 if it looks anything like this because it is not an object of beauty, plain and simple. What WERE they thinking?