View Single Post
      05-18-2021, 02:29 PM   #3119
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

I find this annoying:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...0his%20bedroom.

So basically, the cops *seem* to have had this guy dead to rights. I was originally quite happy when they initially confiscated everything and was happy enough that yet another individual who didn't think rules applied to him would be behind bars.

But now, the above story breaks, and what - charges are dropped because the cops planted a holster and stole two watches?

Now yes, neither of those things should have been done, and I'd fully support firing whichever cops did that, AND I do think there should be an investigation, and perhaps a raid on every cop that participated in that operation houses to see if they find the watches, and fire any cop that took them.

Similarly, penalize the cop that planted the holster if you can find evidence.

But regardless of the above, why isn't it that the justice system can just throw out the holster bit, and look at the case on its merits for the rest of the charges? Why is he free of all charges? This is a reasonably good example of why I have little faith in the justice system to dispense justice, for years now, I've been referring to it instead as "just a system"...sort of sounds like I'm saying justice when you roll the words together, but I'm really calling it more as I see it.
Appreciate 0