05-13-2020, 07:06 AM   #10
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybird View Post
I currently believe delivery will be within the timeframe quoted on the website (with the best will in the world it's likely to Be a bit flakey at the moment) but as of now according to FedEx they have yet to receive the parcel.

I know it's a bit hypocritical for someone who has a new bmw but the carbon footprint of sending this item from Texas does not impress me.
I ordered a cover for my X5 from this company after seeing your thread. I too didn't realise it was being sent from Texas until I subsequently saw the online tracker from FedEx.

Timeline goes like this:
  • I placed my order at 1300 on Monday 4th May, and I DIDN'T go for the "express delivery" option, so it said it would be delivered on Thursday 7th May.
  • Twelve hours after my order was placed (so the early hours of Tuesday morning), I received an email from FedEx saying my parcel has been collected and will be delivered on Thursday 7th May.
  • At 0815 on the Wednesday morning I received an email saying my parcel "will be delivered today".
  • 20 minutes later at 0835, the parcel was delivered to my dad's house in Yorkshire.

I thought it was quite amazing how fast it had been delivered. 43 hours from Texas to my door without paying for express delivery.
Appreciate 0