09-06-2020, 02:07 PM   #52
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabineBimmer View Post
Good afternoon everybody. I've been thinking about the design(s) since the release of this post. My opinion still has not changed, the design is in the absolute wrong direction. I've dug up BMWs annual reports along with their press releases, especially when they hired the new design head. I'm thinking they wanted to accentuate key parts of BMW's design in order to satisfy their emergent clientele in China, but I feel that their hire of the new design head was an overshoot. I get that they wanted to go in a different direction but I believe they may have gone too far. I would not doubt that, if the next design is just as bad, that he will be gone in a short number of years. At some point, BMW has to cut their losses and realize that they screwed up. Personally, I would wait to see what the sales figures are and if they are not up to target, fire him.

The design is just horrible. I'm sure the interior is very nice and I'm sure that the drivetrain is going to be awesome, but seriously when's the last time you bought a car because it had a good personality.
Too bad the sheep will still buy it in droves. This guy changed all the inherent traits of a BMW design and should be fired. Screw China, they will gobble up anything that signify luxury so there was no need to dismantle the design language completely. I sure hope it sells badly because I will not buy this car or any future iteration that follows this design mantra.

This is not about resisting change. I love change, hell when I sold my E46 after more than a decade of great driving pleasure I bought my first Lexus ( likely last lol). Yet, here I am, returned for the G20. So, If the G22 is indication of the future I will either jump ship at lease end or buy a manual M2C .